Re: Salome

One more shred on Salome . . .

U2 has a really cool b-side called Salome, about temptation.  Basically
from a Herod point of view, but done so it could be *you*.  And over a
great driving song.  Yup.  I betcha betcha it'll be on Greatest Hits
1990-1999, which we can expect at about Christmas time.  If I'm right.
Which, sometimes, I am.  Also, Bono will have a Wim-Wenders-directed/Mel
Gibson and Milla Jovavich-starring/Paul Hewson (*Bono*)-written movie
coming out soon.  Called Million Dollar Hotel.  Wait.  Sorry.  This is
the OtR list.

In common with OtR, U2 knows exactly what's going on their next album and
have at *least* most of the production done, but are waiting until just
the right moment to release it.  If you ask me.

I love that VoL line about Salome with "pavlov's bells on her ankles and
wrists."  Wow.  God Bless the viggies.  To tie "pavlov's bells" to sexual
desire is to make the sexual response conditioned by society on the one
hand, but conditioned by human nature on the other.  Cos, I mean, sex
sorta transcends culture, at its most basic, even if sexxual stimuli does
cause seemingly uncontrollable responses.  Either way, it is petty near
irresistible. (Okay, now, I said sex.  Everybody be good.  :p  )

Drew bathes in pavlov's mojo.  ?

Anybody see the Pinky and the Brain where Brain has been conditioned
pavlovian-ly to sing "I'm a Little Tea Pot" every time a bell rings?  Ha!

Ahem.

G'day,

Fred