Underground vs. Not-underground

Regarding Caedmon's Call...

j_marie_hall at hotmail_com wrote:
>I think they're talented too-- and I've hung out with them a few times--
>sweet people.  Musically speaking, I liked them when they were lesser known
>and more of a novelty--when they hadn't put out so much of the very same
>sound.

This brings up another topic...

What are people's big fascination with indie/underground musicians, and
then when they somewhat "make it big" suddenly they don't like them anymore?

    Love music for music's sake.  Not for it's level of obscurity.

I don't have a problem with someone not liking a group, but to have
"they're more well known now" as an excuse is kinda lame... Not a flame,
just a pet-peeve of mine...  :)

Dan

NP: Kate Bush - Hounds of Love

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
    dantemm at erinet_com    http://www.dlm.net/gc/
  "They only come out at night... or in this case-
+-     the daytime."    -Police Chief Wiggum      -+