Not OtR, but you just might like 'em....

    Hello Rhines,

    I just had to gush about a band I heard in concert tonight.  A
little group called Chasing Furies performed here in Atlanta and
they rocked my socks off.

    "Well, that's great, Jeff", you say, "but what does this have
to do with Over the Rhine?"

    Well, it turns out that during the concert the lead singer
girl looks at my friend sitting next to me (who is wearing the
Patience clock shirt) and between songs says, "Hey, that's a nice
shirt."  So we wondered for the rest of the concert, do you think
they even know who Over the Rhine is?  If you closed your eyes, she
almost sounded a little like our dear Karin....

     Anyhow, we couldn't leave without asking, so after the show while
they are breaking the stage down we ask the lead singer about OtR
and it turns out she is a huge fan of the band.  In fact, the name
"Chasing Furies" was inspired by "Rhapsodie" ("and The Furies that
I feared....")  One of their songs even has a lyric that goes "how
can God see us face to face 'til we have faces?"  How about that?
We were floored.

     If you like loud guitars with neat effects, and some beautiful vocals,
you might like their album, "With Abandon".  Think The Choir
meets The Cranberries meets Over the Rhine and that's in the ballpark.
Anyhow, I just had to share 'cause I was impressed.

     We now return you to your regular discussions of Drew's mojo.....

     Jeff

Visit the Over the Rhine History Page at
http://members.tripod.com/JeffreyHolland/otrhine

Jeff Holland      JHolland444 at hotmail_com
http://members.tripod.com/JeffreyHolland