Re: Just a thought

>>I have always liked the songs i have heard by crowded house, i didnt
>>realize that is what he is from...have you heard his song, Last One
>>Standing?  i think i might have to go out and get an album.  Which of
>>the Crowded House ones is really good??
>
>I knew he had a new cd out, I haven't heard anything from it yet.  As far
>as recommended cd's, I'd suggest the first one (I forget the name, might
>be self-titled) and probably 'Woodface'.  After they broke up, a 'best of'
>cd was released that covers their catalog pretty well.  You might start
there
>and work back through the selections you enjoy.  He also put out a cd
>with his brother called 'The Finn Brothers' that I'd rank with his best.
>
>I've got a bunch of cd-singles and cd5's from CH that include a bunch of
>live songs.  I got adventurous one day and arranged them all into a
>fictional concert, complete with an acoustic set near the end.  I've been
>jamming on that all week in the car.

The first CH is indeed, self-titled, although I did really enjoy the second
album, Temple of Low Men. I mean, golly, Richard Thompson appears on it!

Please do also look into getting Finn Bros., an album that Neil and Tim put
out a few years back and had a highly successful tour for. To this day it is
simply the best show I've ever seen.

Also look out for Neil's older son, who's turned into quite the musician. He
played some stuff on Neil's last tour for "Try Whistling This," and blew the
audience away. He's only like, 14 or something.

"Woodface" is excellent, as is any of the live stuff you can get your hands
on. If you want to go back even further in history, dig up some Split Enz,
the original source of Finn-wonderment. Very pastel late 70's early 80's pop
stuff - anyone remember "One Step Ahead," or "Message to my Girl?" Mmmmmmm,
Neil's still dreamy, even after all these years.

As far as my favorites, or what I think is the best: Go for "Woodface" or
"Together Alone."

And Neil is quite a friendly guy. I once got to hold his glass of water
while he signed stuff. It was thrilling, I tell ya.

-Krystyn
http://eggplant.simplenet.com/