Re: Not OtR, but you just might like 'em....

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 02:44:05 GMT "Jeff Holland" <jholland444 at hotmail_com>
writes:
>    Hello Rhines,
>
>    I just had to gush about a band I heard in concert tonight.  A
>little group called Chasing Furies performed here in Atlanta and
>they rocked my socks off.

I got a pre-release of 'With Abandon' about three months before it was
released and was totally amazed by its freshness.  So much crap is
released that calls itself Christian "music"  that this one stuck out
like a sore mullet.  I believe it and the Burlap to Cashmere cd's are the
only original things to come out in the ccm market in the last 18 months.
 I just knew that everyone else would love the Chasing Furies cd as much
as I did so I stocked the shelves pretty well.  I think I've sold
one...but Caedmon's Call flies out the door...What are these people
thinking?  Oh well, that's why I come here.

>    Well, it turns out that during the concert the lead singer
>girl looks at my friend sitting next to me (who is wearing the
>Patience clock shirt) and between songs says, "Hey, that's a nice
>shirt."  So we wondered for the rest of the concert, do you think
>they even know who Over the Rhine is?

Artist t-shirts are great ways to get the attention of other artists.  I
was at a VOL show once with a friend who was immediately noticed by Bill
Mallonee because she was wearing a Stinging Rain t-shirt.

 If you closed your eyes, she
>almost sounded a little like our dear Karin....

Why would you want to close your eyes when either of those ladies are
singing.

>One of their songs even has a lyric that goes "how
>can God see us face to face 'til we have faces?"  How about that?
>We were floored.

That may not have as much to do with OTR as it does with C.S. Lewis.