Re: They're 'Bout It

> The question struck me as a good one. I mumbled
> something about love songs and Americana, and finally
> said, "Let me see what the listees have to say about
> that..."
>
> So, how about it?  What is Over the Rhine about?  So
> many bands seem to have a focus, be it love songs or
> philosophy or religion or anarchy or whatever, but
> OtR seems to have seeds of all of this in their music.
> I can't think of any "theme" albums (except possibly
> DNotY, which is a bit of a stretch) or records that
> push any particular ideal.

I'd have to say that Over-the-Rhine is about being touched inside your
heart/soul in a way that you have never been touched before.  The
combination of great music and awesome lyrics come together to reach down
inside you, and helps you get in touch with a part of yourself that you
probably did not even know existed, but are grateful that it is there.

Andy

Follow-Ups: References: