Re: The Day the World Went Away. (was Re: Cree Summer)

At 07:51 PM 8/5/1999 EDT, Jay wrote:
>> NP: NIN - The Day the World Went Away
>
>i bought that last week and was honestly quite
>disappointed upon first listen...
>i think it was during the fifth listen that i rolled
>my window down all the way (it was twilight,
>and i'd just finished a double chai) and thought:
>yes, Trent really -has- gone and done it again!

i've only gotten through it once right now... it's alright.  at least i
know that i've got approximately 4 more listens to go until i like it... :)

>i started laughing.
>admittedly, it isn't *quite* exactly what i was
>hoping for, but then again neither was the
>Downward Spiral... and it became one of my favorites.

i never got fond of _DS_... outside a few songs ("closer" comes to mind),
it never got through to me... i really like _PHM_ and _broken_...

>good purchase, Dan. you go.

it was a meager $.99 amidst a purchase of a new VCR and scanner... so, i
couldn't go wrong...

Dan

NP: Derek Sherinian - Planet X

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
    dantemm at erinet_com    http://www.dlm.net/gc/
       "With $10,000- we'd be millionaires..."
+-                 -Homer Simpson                 -+

Follow-Ups: References: