Re: @ Monk

At 12:05 AM 8/5/1999 EDT, Budah2004 wrote:
>> As for the packaging... I'm still waiting for mine
>> in the mail... two weeks, they said.
>
>i forget all about this--i noticed your name in the monk book at
cornerstone.
> i was signing it and i glanced at the rest of the names on the two visible
>pages and was somewhat surprised to note your name.  anyway, i'm still
>waiting for the packaging, too.

yep... well, at least we can rest assured that they're done, and it
*should* be in the mail soon...

>on the upside, though, i met ric at the monk table when i was wandering
>around the tent on wednesday.  actually, that was my first experience of
>meeting a musician of whom i am a fan.  (i hadn't actually heard monk before
>then, but knowing what he did with otr was quite enough to make me a fan.)
>i'm not sure if i came across as a gushy "you're so awesome!" fan; but
>regardless of how i acted, ric was quite friendly.  and the show wednesday
>night was great.  that was my first time for hearing the music of monk, and
>boy, was it a good exposure.

yeah, personally, Monk's Wednesday show was the best show of the fest for
me.  it all went downhill from there... and that was pretty bad, seeing as
he was the first show.  don't get me wrong- waterdeep was cool, VOL's
mini-gig was cool (couldn't stick around for the midnight VOL show), etc...
but Monk just rocked...

Dan

NP: Derek Sherinian - Planet X

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
    dantemm at erinet_com    http://www.dlm.net/gc/
       "With $10,000- we'd be millionaires..."
+-                 -Homer Simpson                 -+