Homelessness

	Kyle wrote:

	>and what mates?  i stand alone without peers :)  merely a stranger
in a
	>strange land.

Aliens live on alien planets (from our perspective anyway), and strangers
are at home in a strange land. :)

But seriously...

They say home is where the heart is. And we come from a race of creatures
who seemed to have misplaced theirs. Maybe we never had them. And yet,
although we don't know what we want, I would bet my life that we would
recognise it instantly if we found it.  Like a fish in search of water or
clouds without a sky, the richest, happiest, most successful of us cannot
quite shake the feeling that there is more to us out there, waiting to be
met. Perhaps we are just reflections in the mirror, waiting, longing, crying
for flesh and blood to walk by so that we can finally catch a glimpse of
ourselves.
They thought He was crazy when He said that the Kingdom of God had arrived.
After all what was He? Just a homeless teacher followed by a band of
uprooted fisherman and the poor. Where was the majesty, the glory, the
splendour that was supposed to herald the coming of earth's greatest
kingdom? The sceptics of His day didn't witness it, and two thousand years
later neither have we. He never answered their questions, for all we know He
didn't even try. They say He is gone now, they deny His resurrection, but
even they can't refute His legacy. He died and left hunger and homelessness.
Like a sixth sense He taught us to feel something we couldn't touch, to
hunger for food we cannot grow, and look for a home it is impossible to
build.
Maybe one day it will be different. Maybe one day we are to meet our Heart,
to eat food fit for our souls, to find shelter under a roof built for our
heads.
Until that day we sleep in palaces, visit the greatest cities, eat the
tastiest food, and long for something more. Until then we hunger and remain
homeless.

Jon