RE: The Day the World Went Away. (was Re: Cree Summer)

> >> NP: NIN - The Day the World Went Away
> >
> >i bought that last week and was honestly quite
> >disappointed upon first listen...
> >i think it was during the fifth listen that i rolled
> >my window down all the way (it was twilight,
> >and i'd just finished a double chai) and thought:
> >yes, Trent really -has- gone and done it again!
>
> i've only gotten through it once right now... it's alright.
> at least i
> know that i've got approximately 4 more listens to go until i
> like it... :)

I picked it up while I was in Georgia, and I've given it one listen.  I need
to unpack my bags, and listen to it again a few times.  I remember liking
'Starfucker' or whatever the 2nd song is called.

I've also got the whole thing encoded on my FTP site.

> >i started laughing.
> >admittedly, it isn't *quite* exactly what i was
> >hoping for, but then again neither was the
> >Downward Spiral... and it became one of my favorites.
>
> i never got fond of _DS_... outside a few songs ("closer"
> comes to mind),
> it never got through to me... i really like _PHM_ and _broken_...

I never liked DS much at all.  In fact, I still don't own a copy of it.   My
favorites are _Broken_, _Fixed_, and the 'Sin' single.  ;-)

--
Chris Emery
chris.emery at ecoutlook_com

NP: Pat Metheny Group _Pat Metheny Group_

Follow-Ups: References: