Re: Bibles

OK, so I'm running a little behind, but I couldn't resist this one...

> what i -should- do is date my notations and highlights so i can later see
what          > ground i covered when, and how long it's taken to stick when
i review later.
I started doing this a few years ago, and the effects have been anywhere from
utterly confusing (having NO idea why I underlined something when I did) to
being as comforting as looking at old pictures from a particularly treasured
event. Doing it keeps Him involved in the more intimate parts of my life,
someting I often have trouble doing.

>  the more dog-eared, the more marked up a Bible is,
>  i believe the more valuable it becomes. while we were
>  in college, i found that my friend Kendall had carried
>  his around for years, and ended up having to rebind
>  it with duct tape (he did the same with his Chuck Taylors
>  numerous times).
(Yay Chuck Taylors!! The ones I wore to prom (at least 300 years ago) are
still wandering around the bottom of my closet somewhere...)
The Bible I'm using now is one I've had for over 10 years. the binding is
gone, and it's falling apart and starting to lose pages somewhere around 1st
John. I feel a duck-tape session coming on...

>  to mark up a Bible is to see it as a study guide,
>  not something you place on your coffetable and "revere"
>  by never cracking it open.
Amen, sir jay. God didn't write a book to be a conversational piece.

Happy rainy, stormy friday to all...

byrd