Re: Bibles

Jen writes:

You are then truelly learning from from it.  The
>copy of the Bible that I used for my high school religion classes is
>still my most valued.  when I read out of it and come across an old
>notation, it reminds me of class disscussions that we had about that
>particular passage years ago.  It allows me to see clearly how God was
>speaking to me through that passage years ago, and reflect on how that
>contrasts with how He speaks to me now through it.  It gives me a review
>of my journey, if you will.

Yup!  I agree...I make all kinds of notations and scribbles in my Bible and
I love to read over them...it kind of adds insight to the past (although
whether or not this is actually USEFUL is up for debate).  But I could also
see the point my friend was making...only I think God prefers us to search
out His truth in all things...I don't think He's the type to worry about a
couple of scribbles and notes.  And I don't know that I'd want to follow or
worship a God that is that anal anyway.  Is THAT sacrilegious??  *g*

Rachel