@ Tribute, Cider, Bible, Japan.

TRIBUTE
(imagine that Adam Sandler Waterboy voice)

I have been trying to update the website, I have.  I spent my measly lunch
hour on it.  Geocities merged with Yahoo (probably Japanese, those bastards)
and their web manager is rendered unusable...  Perplexing.  I'll figure
something out, I'm crafty at times.

CIDER
Blah.  Like an acidic alcoholic Dr Pepper.  I understand the Constitution
protects you Americans on the list who may enjoy it however.

BIBLE
I grew up in an all-Catholic town (yawn, I know) and writing in a Bible
never occurred to any of us under 18 at least.  Hell, picking up a Bible
garnered strange looks.

JAPAN
I worked for four years for a Japanese company too.  Nice post, AaronB.
Here's my boring resume bits:

* college: co-op with Holset, a British subsidiary of American Cummins
Engine Company
* post-college 1: Bridgestone APM, all Japanese (all the time!, like a radio
tagline).  4 years.
* post-college 2: Mannesmann Boge, German.  Let's not go in to that.  over a
year.
* current: American company...

I say in the globalisation of the world, it doesn't matter.  Work for
someone that manufactures a decent product, helps the world.  Bridgestone
kicked ass, but the town was a bit boring for me.

Not only do the Japanese Big 7 (in order, I think: Toyota, Nissan, Honda,
Mitsubishi, Mazda, Subaru and Isuzu) pump tons of cashflow into US midwest
economy, they improve the areas in ways unmeasured monetarily.

"Buy American" is moronic.  Buy a good product.  Go to a Best Buy, look at
the carcinogenic TV Wall and tell me if a Zenith is a better picture than
anything else up there.  crap.

I have a hankerin' to chew some fine Japanese JIS spec'd material about
now...

Bruce