Re: This is revolting

In a message dated 7/6/99 12:18:47 PM, eisllew at email_msn.com writes:

<< I can't. I've deleted them.
And it is justifiable. I don't have the time to go through every single one.
I like this list a lot of the time, as I like most lists I am on, but I have
a job to go to, and things to do beyond sitting here and translating email.

It's a shame to discount someone just because you feel that in glancing,they
have crossed that imaginary line. What I read ( whether I agree with it or
not ) was passion in his writing. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because
of that passion . I can stand a little passion with a couple of errors. It's
better than its alternative.  I felt a little like that on my first reading
Of William Burroughs -Naked Lunch. It was an exhausting read,  but in the end
it was worth the work. You would have had a field day grading that one. And I
had to pay for it too!

Richie Havens said " The stage is a sacred place. Those who walk upon it do
so at the allowance of its audience..............and so like the stage the
world. Those who walk upon it too do so at the allowance of its audience. How
dare we mock creation having only read it. It's not to any ones credit to
dismiss things that may be damaged due to our implied superiority.  As far as
I'm concerned he can keep writing and I will read it. Passion and
substance,even flawed, are greater than perfect nothingness.

>>*everyone* <------------Why do you need to use this tool right here. I
find
>it irritating. It certainly wasn't something I was taught in school. But I
>understand it's premise.

In school you were probably taught to underline what you wrote, or, if you
were typing, to put it in italics or bold. I could also try something like:

-everyone-
+everyone+
_everyone_

... and I think we'd all pretty much understand what I was getting at.
It's currently a premise that I have to live with, seeing as how a bunch of
people on this list are not HTML-enabled in their email.

As I believe that you would easily have understood what he was getting at.
Point well taken.

It's not that I don't understand the premise of sloppy grammar and
incorrectly-spelled words. It's laziness, and sometimes it comes off as a
disrespect to the reader. Why should I have to jump through hoops to enjoy
someone's point?

I can't remember who he was now, but if you are out there, please feel free
to on bent knee be humbled. Show yourself as the Grammar heathen you are and
repent! In the  name of God!

Seriously. :-)