Re: inadvertant hyptonism [sic]

>i too have experienced the sublime momentary splendor that is in an
>over the rhine song.  and it happens when i'm not even expecting it.
>i'll be sitting (or standing, or lying, whatever the case may be)
>doing something, and all of a sudden i'll realise that i've ceased
>to do anything... and when i "come to" and the particular song ends,
>or the whole cd, i feel so calm, so relaxed, like maybe i've just
>listened to an angelic choir sing to me the story of the earth.
>it's amazing.

ditto.  I think we've all been through that... I think a lot of the clients
that I work on have about 10-20 minutes of "OtR time" each day... I often
find myself at work staring at my monitor (or the calendar or the wall)
during an OtR song..

I get that same reaction from Kevin Moore's "Space-Dye Vest" from Dream
Theater's _Awake_ album... last night on the way back from Cornerstone we
were listening to that album and at the end after "Space-Dye Vest" I let
out a big sigh... It's like a great emotional song that takes you places
and (personally) it releases burdens like anything else...

Dan

NP: Waterdeep - Sink or Swim

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
    dantemm at erinet_com    http://www.dlm.net/gc/
  This email contains stroboscopic effects that may
+-      adversely affect epilepsy sufferers       -+