Re: otr: jumpin' in.

. I
>do hope you'll allow me to jump in on (what looks like the tail end of)
>some recent discussions.

Come on in...

>First off: Big Success Vibes to DM on his upcoming Slam finals. Does Sara
>Holbrook still Slam? I did a slam once. Just once. Green Mill Lounge. Got
>clicked off the doggone stage. :-( Well, *I* liked my piece, anyway. <g>
>And I got to see Billy Jonas for the first time there. Big yeah!

I'll just make the announcement here- The D.M. is the 7th ranked competing
Slam poet in Cleveland for 1999. I doesn't send me to nationals- but I did
not fail.

The Slam Team this year (for Cleveland) From 1st to 4th place-
Ray McNiece (the blonde bombshell)
The Queen of the Melee- Sara Holbrook
Daaaaaaaaaaa Boogie Man (1997 individual nat'l champ)
and Daniel Grey-Kontar (the lethal weapon)

Alternate- the King of Masturbation poetry in Cleveland Chris Holmock
Coaching- Mike Sallinger (booooooooooooo)

hey- Yeah Sara is still slamming. Actually she was going to retire this year
but she decided to come back to kick Chicago's ass after a little incident
involving me and Mark Smith (the Slam pappi himself)

I went to Chicago to visit some friends and go to to Green Mill (cause
that's where it all started.) Much to my surprise- I won a slot in Chicago's
Semi-Finals. I took a lot of work and putting cash together- but I made it
for the Chicago Semis. Mark Smith made it a point to turn the audience
against me. Why? Because I'm from Cleveland and they just couldn't deal. So
when everybody back home heard- a bunch of the old pros decided this wasn't
the year they were going to retire. (Ray, Sara).

The Finals were tremendous (ask any of the listiees there- thank you all for
coming and not minding being late to the Peabody show :) )
  Sara still has it- never mind she may be the oldest competing Slam Poet in
Cleveland- she's still the sexyest (modest or not- and that's ccoming from
the youngest of the competetors.)

Damn what a night it was.

>Finally, after Bink's eloquent statement about the allure of modesty, I'm
>hoping to see him at Brady's. :-)

Viva. I'll be the guy in the fedora with the DM and Pogues pin in the brim

>Back to lurking, now. Thanks for letting me indulge.

Get out more often.
>:)

D.M.