Re: otr: jumpin' in.

> "dhazlett" <dhazlett at neo_rr.com> says:
>
> The knowledge that I had the power to do such a thing was truly
> astonishing and I didn't believe that I had the right to excersize such
> power flippantly.

Very well said.  Many are oblivious to the power and that only makes their
weakness more apparant.

> Now, as a wife and a mother, I sometimes wish I had a bod that could
> change a man (other than my husband <g>) into a quivering blob of flesh,
> but I also know that I do *not* want my Sisters to be threatened by me.
> Women compete *way* too much and do not allow themselves to glean from
> each other nearly as much as they could.

We have much to learn from each other...if only we wouldn't hide our
insecurities under the guise of pride.

> I would certainly never want to intentionally turn the head of a man
> whose heart is inextricably bound to a trusting woman, and I want to raise
> my daughters to have the same respect.

Honour, strength, integrity.  Denice you've said it better than I ever
could.

> Third: Reading. I'm currently reading _Mere Christianity_

Me too!  I'm almost done, and this will be the first time I too have read it
all the way through.

Also reading Dostoyevsky's _The Idiot_, Rainer Maria Rilke's _The Notebooks
of Malte Laurids Brigge_,  Madeleine L'Engles' _The Irrational Season_
(second time through, anything by her is phenomenal, fiction and
non-fiction), Frederick Buechner's _The Magnificent Defeat_.

> My favorites are: _The Great Divorce_, _The Chronicles of Narnia_, _That
> Hideous Strength_ and _The Pilgrim's Regress_ by C.S. Lewis;

Yes, yes.  All brilliant.  Also add _'Til We Faces_ to that and _Surprised
by Joy_ is next on my list.

> After all of the glowing comments about F.O'C, I'll be making a trip to
> the
> bookstore today. :-)

I have her _Complete Stories_ that has just been waiting for the right time
to make it's way off the shelf...I think the time has come.

Vigilantes of Love are also heavily influenced by Flannery.  "Everything
that rises must converge" is worked into the song _The Verge_ from "To the
Roof of the Sky".

> Back to lurking, now. Thanks for letting me indulge.

Thank you for indulging.  I too go back to lurking.

Candace

np: Innocence Mission _Innocence Mission_