Re: your mail

I'll take this one.  Mostly because I don't want to go
into the lab to start work today juuuust yet.

> 'kay.  oh.
> so, i've been reading all this mail you funny people
> keep sending me thinking ye-ah! this is s'posed to be
> otr stuff, right--(but it's cool tho, cuz i like
> starwars) & what the hell exactly is this stuff, cuz
> it sure LOOKED like otr when i put my addy down,

It *is* the OtR discussion group.  You didn't screw up.
We just have a short attention span is all.  Stick around.
Eventually, we'll get back to talking about the band.

but
> mebbe is a discussion group for this bink person & who
> is this bink person & why would i wanna see him when i
> could see otr @ canal st.

Bink is a darling, wonderful, and very talented fellow
list member who just happens to be coming back to Ohio
to play at Brady's Cafe on June 19.  Several members of
the list are going to see him instead of seeing OtR on
that date because (1) we really like Bink and we think that
his music is worth hearing and supporting, (2) we don't want
to drive all the way to Dayton from Michigan, (3) we've
already seen OtR recently (many times recently, in some cases),
(4) some of us (okay, maybe only a few, okay, maybe just me)
will have the chance to see them in Ann Arbor on June 18 and
don't really care to see the same band two days in a row,
even if that band *is* OtR, or (5) any reason not listed above.

& then u guyz sed something
> about a tribute album & then i wondered if somebody
> died or if the band ended again or what...

The band is still going strong, as far as we know.  There's a
relatively serious plan in the works to put together an album
full of OtR covers by list members, with the proceeds going
to a charity, hopefully of the band's choice. If you want to
be a part of the action, contact b_lachey at hotmail_com--he's
in charge.

> i'm confused.
> tha's all.  confused.

HTH, HAND.