kent listie gathering/VoL/Monk gig

the inimitable jg wrote:

<<hi.>>

Hi, jg!

<<first Listie Denice  (dream interpreter Denice.  Dream interpreter Denice
who has a dream she needs interpreting.  i think she should post it, don't
you?)  was the first to arrive.>>

Yes, yes. I have a dream. It's a silly dream. My first OtR dream. Well,
it's a Brian dream. May reveal my emotional state. We'll get to that later.

<<I had scored us a table for 8,  as close to
up-front as i could.>>

Oh, yes! Did I thank you for that? I don't believe I did! We were extremely
grateful. Thanks, jg.

<<Denice brought a little entourage with her:  her husband Toby, their
friend
John,  and (!!!)  their brand-new-adorable-as-anything baby girl Jaynie.
(remember, she sent you a link?)  so, three and  a half weeks  and she's
catching a Monk/VoL gig!  this girl's gonna rock!>>

Baby Jaynie's had a busy life! Haven't seen her yet? Awww!
http://home.neo.rr.com/hazlett/week.htm

<<Denice looks fantastic.>>

Golly, thanks.

<<and she shared her
chips and salsa with the rest of the class, too!>>

Now, I can't take credit for this. The chips and salsa were Toby's gift.

Dan seems like a super nice guy. Did I bug you, Dan? Didn't mean to. I
tried to force salsa on him because he seemed so hungry and the food took
so long. But he held out for his own. I really don't have cooties. Honest.

<<Dearly beloved wasn't feeling 100%, so she sat this one out.>>

And we missed you, Monica.

<<Is food here yet?!   well, maybe next hour!  (i love you, bonny!)>>

The food did get there. I had been tempted by the potatoes and onions, cuz
jg was munchin' shortly after we got there, but they weren't dripping with
oil, so I opted for the black bean quesadilla. Woohoo! Toby had the chicken
ques. and said it was *excellent*.

<<Toby and Denice and John said
that "if i like ~this~,  i will like Phil Keaggy", so now i have something
else to search for and scope out.   Thanks for the tip!>>

Definitely. When we last talked to Ric, he said he's spent some time
w/Phil, and I think he picked up a few things. There's definitely a Phil
influence. I'll get you a sampling, jg. Expect to work for it. <g>

<<He started playing a song that i didn't recognize from
my Quiver album, but Denice recognized it 'cause i saw her singing along.>>

He covered Charlie Peacock's "The Way of Love." Excellent choice.

<<Oh, and his guitar!  (i know nothing)  but Toby the musician and husband
of
Denice said that that's a custom made guitar and probably cost at least 4
grand!  wow!  that's a lotta jack!>>

Ric was playing an Olson. Gorgeous guitar. Phil plays one, David Wilcox,
Jonatha Brooke, and James Taylor, to name a few.

<<Ric got a little pissed at the people who wouldn't shut up, and
admonished
the noisy people to not spol the "listening music"  for the people who came
to hear it.  Yay, Ric!   (this is why we pass notes, isn't it?)>>

While I think passing notes is the way to go, I didn't like the reprimand.
And I wasn't even talking.

<<Who was it said that Bill Malonee is a heck-of-a nice-guy?>>

They were definitely right. I've not been familiar with VoL, but they had
come hightly recommended. Bill surpassed my expectations. And he gave me
their newest CD as a baby gift, signed to Baby Jaynie!

<<bill played two guitars that i remember,  predominately a really
thin-bodied
acoustic  (wasn't it an acoustic?  Toby, help out here.) and a black
electric.>>

Wasn't an acoustic. It was a hollow bodied electric guitar w/o a soundhole.
Not sure what kind.

<<Naturally, Denice and Toby, with baby in tow,  wouldn't have been up for
smoky bar hopping,  so that's a given, but at least now they know that they
didn't miss anything!>>

Thanks for the reassurance. :-)

Coupla questions for the VoL aware. Are the songs "Motel" and "Double Cure"
recorded somewhere? I know I've heard "Double Cure" before, but I don't
know if it was VoL that I heard.

One of the encores was "All Your Heart" or something to that effect. It was
about baseball...or at least it was an analogical baseball song.
Analogical? Is that a word? And it doesn't pertain to clocks, does it?
Anyway, it was highly appropriate, since we spent Mother's Day at Jacob's
Field. Go Tribe!

It was great to see everyone. Got a hug from Chris and jg. Chris has such
nice eyes. And nice hair. Hope I didn't get on Dan's nerves. jg brought
caramels and Altoids. Wintergreen! Mmm! Didn't really get a chance to talk
to Nate. Jen is very beautiful. Wish I had hair like that.

Dream to follow later.

denice
____________________________________
hththththththththththththththththththththththth
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Visit "Dwelling Under the Hazelnut Tree,"
             our updated web page, at
       http://home.neo.lrun.com/hazlett/
               NOW WITH PHOTOS!!
hththththththththththththththththththththththth
ICQ: 17028662

Q. Why is there no such organization as
Chocoholics Anonymous?
   A. Because no one wants to quit.