Re: kent listie gathering/VoL/Monk gig

"dhazlett" <dhazlett at neo_rr.com> sez:
>the inimitable jg wrote:

Isn't he, though?

>Yes, yes. I have a dream. It's a silly dream. My first OtR dream. Well,
>it's a Brian dream. May reveal my emotional state. We'll get to that later.

I had a dream last week that my ex-roommate's girlfriend was trying to
seduce me, and he was sitting in a recliner watching it all take place.

It was surreal.

><<Denice looks fantastic.>>
>
>Golly, thanks.

Absolutely.  Maybe splitting time with the young Jaynie made you more
beautiful, Denice.

>Dan seems like a super nice guy. Did I bug you, Dan? Didn't mean to. I
>tried to force salsa on him because he seemed so hungry and the food took
>so long. But he held out for his own. I really don't have cooties. Honest.

LOL  He was SLAMMING the Milk Maid Caramels.   Hard core.

BTW, Dan *is* a supernice guy.

><<He started playing a song that i didn't recognize from
>my Quiver album, but Denice recognized it 'cause i saw her singing along.>>
>
>He covered Charlie Peacock's "The Way of Love." Excellent choice.

Ahh... danke.

><<Ric got a little pissed at the people who wouldn't shut up, and
>admonished
>the noisy people to not spol the "listening music"  for the people who came
>to hear it.  Yay, Ric!   (this is why we pass notes, isn't it?)>>
>
>While I think passing notes is the way to go, I didn't like the reprimand.
>And I wasn't even talking.

Well, it was getting a little out of hand, so it was probably distracting
for *him*.

You should hear some of Robert Fripp's tirades at disrespectful audiences.
Whooooosh.

><<bill played two guitars that i remember,  predominately a really
>thin-bodied
>acoustic  (wasn't it an acoustic?  Toby, help out here.) and a black
>electric.>>
>
>Wasn't an acoustic. It was a hollow bodied electric guitar w/o a soundhole.
>Not sure what kind.

I think I mentioned this earlier, but I don't remember, so I'll say it
again.

Looked like a Gibson Chet Atkins special.

Dave Matthews plays the same model, different color.

>Coupla questions for the VoL aware. Are the songs "Motel" and "Double Cure"
>recorded somewhere? I know I've heard "Double Cure" before, but I don't
>know if it was VoL that I heard.

'Motel Room' is on _Killing Floor_.

>It was great to see everyone. Got a hug from Chris and jg. Chris has such
>nice eyes. And nice hair.

Oh, man.  Thanks, Denice.  You're far too kind.

>Hope I didn't get on Dan's nerves. jg brought
>caramels and Altoids. Wintergreen! Mmm! Didn't really get a chance to talk
>to Nate. Jen is very beautiful. Wish I had hair like that.

Me too.
--
NP: Peter Gabriel - _So_
From the notebooks of Lazarus Long (1916-4272):