STWLORML & GA (No OTR)

Hello everyone!

I saw this info on Tom Waits  the MTV news page and thought I'd share, since
I've noticed quite a presence of the S.T.W.L.O.R.M.L. as of late  :-P

Also, I'm heading off to Savannah Georgia for a conference on Friday.  I've
never been there, and I've got all day Sunday to explore!  Any suggestions?

Thanks, Dawn

NP:  Tank Girl

5.7.99 12:45 EST   Tom Waits Announces Rare Live Dates

Gravel-throated troubadour Tom Waits has scored the highest debut of his career
with his new album, "Mule Variations,"  which kicked up its heels at number 30
on the "Billboard"  album chart during its first week in release.

To help celebrate the achievement, Waits has announced his first run of
performance dates in almost 12 years. Even though his current itinerary is
limited to just five shows in California and another nine in Europe, the
concerts will mark the singer's first  road outing since the fall of 1987.

In the past decade, Waits has kept his onstage time to a bare minimum,
performing only at special events and one-off appearances. His new sense of
openness apparently carries  over to TV as well, as he has taped an episode of
VH1's "Storytellers" scheduled to air on June 13 at 10 p.m. (ET)

                            The dates for Tom Waits' California tour:

                                 6/9 - Oakland, CA @ Paramount Theater
                                 6/10 - Oakland, CA @ Paramount Theater
                                 6/12 - Los Angeles, CA @ Wiltern Theater
                                 6/13 - Los Angeles, CA @ Wiltern Theater