Re: STWLORML & GA (No OTR)

WOW - thanks for all the info!

>Savannah Georgia is where I WAS for three years.  Do you want me to arrange
>for friends to show you around town?  I'm not saying I can definately do it,
>but...

I'll be there with a co-worker, so I will have someone to hang out with, but if
any of your friends know of anything going on, that would be great!   We're
getting in to town around 2 on Friday.  It'd be fun to get to know some
"locals", and just meet new people in general.   Let me know...

>Places to go:
>
>1- Devin Micheals.  It's a pub.  It's what would happen if there was an
>Irish pub that was chosen as the hang out of choice by very friendly
>Latin's.  That's what it is.  It's great.  If you go there, you have to tell
>the owner that Brian Gardner said hello.  Also add that Brian Gardner said
>that if you said this he would give you a free drink.  Print this message
>out and give it to him, if you like.  He will press the issue in good fun,
>but he's about the best person I've ever met.  Tell him I miss him.

Don't worry, the original e-mail is currently in my "take to Savannah" folder!
Sounds like quite an intriguing Irish-Latin pub.  Do they pour a good pint o'
Guinness, clover and all?

>2- Club One.  It's a gay bar.  It's where Lady Chablis is from (of "Midnight
>in the _Gardner_ of Good and Evil" fame).  They have a kick ass sound
>system, and on Thursday nights they have an okay Goth night.  You won't be
>there for that though, so just go upstairs and check out the divas.  If you
>go here, you must tell Jodi that I still love her.  That I miss her very
>much, and that there's ABSOLUTELY no one in Pittsburgh for a straight guy to
>flirt with.

The _Gardner_ of Good and Evil :-P

Funny, I just rented that movie this weekend, I must have missed your part!
(then again, since I have no clue what you look like....)

Gay bars in Georgia, that just seems strange.   Of course, we used to leave Ohio
and roadtrip to the gay bars in Kentucky, which seemed strange at first, but was
really quite normal.

>4- If it's still around, Stoogies is a cigar bar with a taste for the wierd.
>We all used to hang their in our ratty suits and poke fun at their richer
>clientel.  Brian is the owner.  Do the same thing with him that you did with
>Micheal, and you'll probably also get a free drink.  I remember for my B-Day
>the bartender gave me a free shot or two of $12 per shot Taquelia.  That was
>a b-day, let me tell you what!

Gardner, you're awesome!  I'll be sure to relay all the messages. I'll owe you a
few shots after all these free drinks :)

Happy Belated birthday,

Dawn

NP:  Brigid Boden _Brigid Boden_