Re: Actually its D.M. (About anne and cocteaus)

> fine gardner, just to make _you_ happy...

Oh, I'm happy enough right now.  I think I slept smiling.  There are muscles
in my face that have not been used in far too long, BUT... thank you for
making that happiness even more/less broad based... broad is spelled the
same way no matter which diffenition you're using, isn't it?

> Good Morning Class...my names Mr. Spencer and i'll be  your wookie for
> today...*evil grin*

You just say that because you want to win.

> actually...hi! i'm jamie...but (even if it wasn't polite gardner :P) most of
> you have figured that out by now. i'm from Kent and i'm scarier than
> most...i'm a librarian. :) oh, and i have size 12 shoes. anything else i
> should tell them gardner?  :)

It might be good for you to tell them how incredibly wonderful you are, but
I figure we should just keep that our secret.  They'll figure it out soon
enough.  Oh.  Wait, I cced the list didn't I.  Chris... can we do an
auto-erase of the hive mind?  I want them all to forget I just said that...
;-) *g*

> i should have known that if DM was going to hit the list that the nickname
> was going to follow. For the record: i never asked for it--Wookie is my
> given name cause DM truly gave it to me. i never suspected that this simple
> nickname was going to become a job description. :) feel free to use it you
> wish...or stick with jamie; i'm fairly use to both forms of address.

I've heard it's a title of respect.  If a title is of respect, one should
never shun it.  "Fuzzy."  My old nickname (when I looked a lot more like you
and a little less like me) was "Fuzzy."  It actually started out dirogatory
by people who didn't like me, but my friends adopted it (sort of to get the
others to shut up) because they thought I was.  Warm fuzzy and all....
Gardner was also a given nickname (it's really my surname) that I mistakenly
thought was an insult.  I often wonder how different my life would have been
if I had adopted it in Second Grade when it was given.  I addopt it now.

> it's not _my_ fault i'm a catalyst (which is differnt from a set list...or
> an OTR list)

It's also different from a pronounced lisp.

> and we like Gardner...since with a last name like that, he _must_ be
> scottish. :)

Scotch/Irish actually.  A point of much pride until I recently found out
that I have one French relative.  It's okay, it all balances out in the
scheme of things because I also discovered I have a full blooded native
great grandmother.

> jamie...or Wookie...or "hey, would you shut up" :)

How about, "Hey, would you please say more cause we love you." ?

Gardner.
--
"It was the best of TIME s it was the worst of TIME s, it was TIME s'
anniversary special."

Brian Gardner, "Twisted Quotes"