Re: goodbye

At 01:52 PM 5/7/99 GMT, Chris Emery wrote:
>Yeah, and the vocals have just the right disturbing quality to them.  I
>actually like the fact that it's all in German - seems more menacing that
>way.  I guess that ties in with our earlier discussion about vocal sounds
>vs. words.  In the case of Rammstein, it's the sounds that do it for me.

Yeah, it's definitely the sounds.  However, I think they should stay off of
the ballads.  Track #8 or 9 on _Sehnsucht_ (whichever is the "ballad") is
quite atrocious.  GAG.

>Oh, yeah.  Mike Patton spouted one of my all time favorite quotes: "It's
>all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's fucking hilarious."

sort of a paraphrase from their song "Ricochet"... "It's always funny until
someone gets hurt... And then it's just hilarious!"  I think FNM's original
goal was to piss the world off...

>>The only way to describe Mr. Bungle's music is "weird."  There's no other
>>explanation.  I've never heard anything weirder.  Well, maybe Mike Patton's
>>solo voice albums were weirder, but those were quite unlistenable.
>
>I've got a pretty high tolerance for unlistenable music (see _THRaKaTTaK_),
>but Mr. Bungle really weirded me out.  Really.

Yeah, the first time I popped it in- I hated it.  The second time I popped
it in- I hated it.  The third time... I hated it.  At this point I was
pissed that I paid $2.50 for shipping for it from BMG.  But then one day on
my way to school, I decided to take it with me.  I think it was the first
time that I really listened to it.

The first step was skipping the first song- that song should have been
buried.  Some of the songs in the middle of it are completely brilliant,
and the final track is hilarious.  Chemical Marriage, Carry Stress in the
Jaw, Desert Search for a Techno Allah, and Merry Go Bye Bye are great tunes...

And now that Faith No More is broken up, Mike Patton is dedicating more
time to Mr. Bungle and Phantomas... I hear the new Bungle CD is more
reminiscent of FNM than Bungle.  Which is cool.  Maybe Patton'll actually
have NORMAL SONG STRUCTURE...

Dan

NP: Cranberries - Bury the Hatchet

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
    dantemm at erinet_com    http://www.dlm.net/gc/
    "Fetch me the Pongmaster!" - Ozric Tentacles
+-                    AFTERSWISH                  -+