Re: goodbye

Dan Temmesfeld <dantemm at erinet_com> sez:
>>Speaking of German weddings, I got my Rammstein cd last night.   I dig it a
>>lot.  I think it's going to help fill the void in my life that was left
>>when KMFDM disbanded.
>
>yeah.  Rammstein does get kinda repetitive at times- it seems like the use
>the same chunky chords, but put a slightly different rhythm to them on
>several songs... :)  but it's still fun to listen to.

Yeah, and the vocals have just the right disturbing quality to them.  I
actually like the fact that it's all in German - seems more menacing that
way.  I guess that ties in with our earlier discussion about vocal sounds
vs. words.  In the case of Rammstein, it's the sounds that do it for me.

>>>NP: Mr. Bungle - Disco Volante
>>
>>Isn't 'disco volante' Italian for 'flying saucer'?
>
>I don't know.  It is a brilliant CD, though.  It's quite possibly the
>weirdest "music" that I've ever heard.  I'm thoroughly conviced that Mike
>Patton (of Faith No More & Mr. Bungle) is off his rocker many times...

Oh, yeah.  Mike Patton spouted one of my all time favorite quotes: "It's
all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's fucking hilarious."

Well, it's a paraphrase, anyway.

>The only way to describe Mr. Bungle's music is "weird."  There's no other
>explanation.  I've never heard anything weirder.  Well, maybe Mike Patton's
>solo voice albums were weirder, but those were quite unlistenable.

I've got a pretty high tolerance for unlistenable music (see _THRaKaTTaK_),
but Mr. Bungle really weirded me out.  Really.
--
NP: Lo-Fidelity Allstars - _How To Operate With A Blown Mind_
From the notebooks of Lazarus Long (1916-4272):

Follow-Ups: References: