Re: Last night...

Hey all--

Is anyone planning on seeing Vigilantes of Love in Chicago at Schuba's on
the 12th?  Just thought it would be nice to say hi if you were.

Here's my review of Audible Sigh, for those who asked:

This is a fantastic album.  It follows the pattern of so many other
keepers:  first listen is a bit confounding; after about the 5th-10th
listen, the genius becomes apparent.

Plenty of hard rockers.  Nothing along the lines of Balaam's Ass or 5 Miles
Outside of Mobile, but fairly driving.  Some very rich ballads/anthems as
well, including one of the best introspective songs I've ever heard, the
minor-key "Resplendent."  I take it that "Could Be A Lot Worse" is
previously released on *Live From the 40 Watt*, and there's a version of
"Paralyzed" which I imagine is the same as the two others I've seen in
older discographies.

I appreciate the depth with which Bill explores faith on this album.  What
he believes is intimately apparent in the course of each song, and the
album in general-- it takes multiple listens to "plumb the depths."  It's a
mature album in this way.

I'm also finding that my favorite song changes from day to day.

There's a female harmonist joining Bill on most songs.  I understand
Emmylou Harris had a hand in exec. production, but I don't know her voice
so I can't attest.  If my ear serves correctly, it could very well be Karen
Peris (or others who sound vaguely like her, --Sixpence?).  No credits on
this advance copy.  She really adds a new dimension.

Track List (with a star by the serious gems):

Goes Without Saying *
Any Side Of Anywhere
Extreme North Of The Compass
Resplendent **
Starry Eyed **
Could Be A Lot Worse
Good Luck Charm **
But Not For Long
Nothing Like A Train **
Paralyzed
She Walks On Roses
Hard Luck & Heart Attack *
Your Part Of The Story **

And that's my review.  Get a copy of this album when you can.

jnf