Re: murmers after murder.

>so, what brings you about here?
well hmmmm I guess I found OTR about the same time I fell in love for
the first time. He was an OTR fan, and he was happy to share them
with me. But I was completely enchanted by them right away :)! He is
long gone now, but thank god he delivered me into the delicate caring
and even now, ubiquitous hands! :) My first exposure to them was
'patience'.

>what made you love them, or even fall out of it a
>little?

At first .... ummm ... glance.. listen.. (you get the gist?) I fell
immediately in love with Karin's voice. And what melodies!!!! Every
time I hear 'little genius' it's like I am hearing it again for the
first time ( i don't think it will ever lose it's charm), but the
thing I love most about over the rhine, now, (as opposed to then)  is
that everytime I hear a song (no matter how many times I have heard
it before) I hear something a little different in it, it means
something a little different too me, as if the unfolding of my
knowledge and my experience lead me down the path a little further
towards yet another layer of the genius hidden in the songs.

as for falling out of it a little....well that hasn't happened yet,
they say familiarity breeds contempt, but somehow OTR has managed to
transcend that, for me.

kelly (that's me) :)

NP: Swingin to the Big Bands