Re: murmers after murder.

--- Jaharnish2 at aol_com wrote:

> Marquis-Mark talke:
> >  It's funny, you mention that.  Shelly told me
> once that L&K were
> >  contemplating doing a little experimentation in
> the Portishead vein...

and Jay began rolling in his techo-glory....

you know, i love Portishead! (The live NY album is AMAZING!) however,
IMHO, i don't think i can see OtR pulling it off. i mean, i'm sure
they're quite talented enough to do so, and every band should feel the
freedom to experiment, but to me, they're "better" than that. i think
that's something a big label might push in order to sell billions of
records to the masses.

"Oh, we'll make this *new* band sound like other bands that people
already like so we're sure to sell lots off albums off them and make
ourselves tons of money, too!"

sure, i'd still be interested to hear these fantasy tapes if they do
exist, but to me, OtR is creative in a totally different light.

bink