Re: wired.

T. Woode percolated:
>(of course we can substitute decaf for caffeine
>espresso...the customers won't know the difference.)

EW! For SHAME! ;)
Actually, this is awful of me, since I was never a snob about coffee until I
became a cafe manager, but I won't drink decaf, unless I can be pretty sure
it wasn't chemically decaffeinated. Besides, there's still caffeine in
decaffeinated beans.
*I* can tell the difference, sometimes, only for the fact that once you've
primed a bar to pull nice shots with the oily caffeinated beans, a decaf
shot is inevitably going to pull a little less nicely. Less crema, too.

>(the latest tea rage:  brewed on espresso
>machine...how's that for a shot?)

Actually, I was horrified to see employees of mine do that at a cafe I had
just started managing, except with a regular drip coffeemaker instead of an
espresso bar. The hot tea they served normally, in the mug, but they'd brew
the large bags to cool for iced tea.  Not only did the tea funk out after a
day, tasting strange and flat, but sometimes they'd forget to use a basket
that didn't have coffee oil residue in it. No matter what kind of a coffee
junkie you are, it's just not a good combo.

And as for RoT, it's alright tea. I do like the Earl Greyer myself, but
mostly as an iced tea, with lots of sugar. I just liked being able to serve
the tea and assure the uptight yuppies that indeed, the green tea would
soothe their mall-worn spirits.

-Krystyn