Re: HiveMind

"krystyn wells" <eisllew at email_msn.com> sez:

>Buzzing like a bee in a hive, Chris wrote:
>

>>Also, black teas have more caffeine than green and herbal teas.
>

>Herbal teas have no caffeine, at least from what I've seen.

Chris summed it up:

>So you're agreeing that black & green teas have more caffeine than none?

Not necessarily. There's a brand of tea I like, called Republic of Tea.
Their Earl Grey (called Earl Greyer) gives a nice little kick, but you have
to make sure to let it stop steeping after a minute and a half or the taste
sours. You may have gotten more caffeine after letting it steep for three,
but you'll have awful tea breath, and fuzz on your teeth.

The other nice thing about RoT is that they give relative mg's of caffeine
for tea vs. coffee. In all the tins that had black tea, I don't think any of
them came close, except for Earl Greyer.

Then there's the issue of how much room you leave for cream and sugar in
either. And whether you have seconds. I have these old fluted 10 oz. mugs
that were used to make mochas and hot cocoas. Not as genteel as a tea cup,
but a lot cooler. :)

-Krystyn