Re: HiveMind

krystyn wells wrote:

> Buzzing like a bee in a hive, Chris wrote:
>
> >Also, black teas have more caffeine than green and herbal teas.
>
> Herbal teas have no caffeine, at least from what I've seen.
> Unless there's some renegade herbal tea out there, joining forces with Water
> Joe and Jolt! beverages.
>
> In addition, espresso shots, per ounce, have less caffeine than coffee. Next
> time you want a strong pick me up, don't think a 'doppio' is gonna do it.

True. The more coffee beans are roasted (i.e., darker coffees), the less
caffeine there is. Also, since the water is forced through the grinds in
an espresso, it has less time to extract the caffeine, as opposed to
drip coffee where the water sits in the grinds longer. Just because
espresso has a stronger taste doesn't mean it's got more caffeine.

dave