Re: HiveMind

"krystyn wells" <eisllew at email_msn.com> sez:
>>Buzzing like a bee in a hive, Chris wrote:

Bzzzz.

>>So you're agreeing that black & green teas have more caffeine than none?
>

>Not necessarily. There's a brand of tea I like, called Republic of Tea.
>Their Earl Grey (called Earl Greyer) gives a nice little kick, but you have
>to make sure to let it stop steeping after a minute and a half or the taste
>sours. You may have gotten more caffeine after letting it steep for three,
>but you'll have awful tea breath, and fuzz on your teeth.

I tried that.   Ick, ick, ick.   Republic of Tea products are an insult to tea
drinkers everywhere.   Just IMNSHO, of course.   I'll do Bigelow or Twinings
first if I can't get some nice imported stuff.

>The other nice thing about RoT is that they give relative mg's of caffeine
>for tea vs. coffee. In all the tins that had black tea, I don't think any of
>them came close, except for Earl Greyer.

I ended up giving away the rest of my tin of Earl Greyer.

>Then there's the issue of how much room you leave for cream and sugar in
>either. And whether you have seconds. I have these old fluted 10 oz. mugs
>that were used to make mochas and hot cocoas. Not as genteel as a tea cup,
>but a lot cooler. :)

I use regular coffee mugs most of the time.  And no cream or sugar, please.
Sometimes a little lemon, though.  ;-)
--
NP: King Crimson - _Epitaph_
ICQ: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery