Re: taping

it was probably only thirty seconds long.  the happy clapping and whistles
and cheers.  the guitars introducing.  and a string of aggressive vocals.

the brief blip of sound conjured the image of strangers, crowded around the
stage, in the dark.  the vase of roses, the sunflower lamp.  a woman with
her back to the audience, swaying her hips.

you know--those Canadians Linford keeps referring to.

I'd taped the Cowboy Junkies show in efforts to capture a sound photograph
of sorts.  my friend Melvis couldn't come to the show, due to exams.  I felt
rather guilty, after causing her addiction that she'd miss witnessing Over
the Rhine.

the tragedy would be that I taped over all but that blip with another of my
illegal exploits.  (such a scoundrel, I am.)  didn't think the show taped.
wailed and lamented at my discovery, for aye, the sound was rather pretty,
since I was moth-like next to the amps.

and many of my friends trade compliations of Over the Rhine.  they've made
it a lovely gesture among the penny toting college folk.  I know the tapes
are treasured.

it makes me wonder.  I know many of them adore Over the Rhine as much as
some of you, despite the little financial support they offer.  and I wonder
about the value of money, versus understanding and admiration from the
patrons.

of course, I am one to talk.  I've made $5 off a sketch, $30 for a painting
(the bloke still complains I overcharged)...this is it, despite my bills and
needs.  wonder what'd it be like to pay them with paintings.  wonder if I'd
feel like a whore...

okay, it's late little girl, and you're forgetting to add some words or
something.  go to bed.  yes.  bed.  yours.  now.  you'll have time to
chatter in the morning.

g'nightly.
lynz.