Re: another in a long line of them.

> I think Charlotte's point is relevant.

only if you want to concern yourself with gossip, and pointless negative
speculation.

> I think it is dangerous to put our musical heroes on too high of a
> pedestal.

If you see my posts as doing that, then that's your view.  I have no
intention of putting anyone on a pedestal.  That would be taking this
whole thing to the other extreme.  See, I am defending Linford from the
viewpoint of a fan.  Just like 99% of us, I do not know Linford
personally.  I've  met  him several times and he has been warm and open
with me--he didn't bite my head off and shove his selfish arrogant ideas
down my neck.  And furthermore, I will probably  never be personal
friends with Linford.  At this point, I don't have the urge to be.
Unlike lots of people out there, I realize that there is a difference
between a man and his work.  So, no, there is no relevance to someone
posting personality flaws about Linford to a fan listserv.  I mean maybe
it would be eyebrow raising, or interesting within itself, but all this
bashing of a man for simply being human is ridiculous.  The people who
have been slighted by Linford are not on the same relationship level
that we are to him.  And I would risk a bet that the ones who actually
have been slighted are very few on this list.  There are probably more
who know someone, a friend of a friend, or they're basing their facts on
second or third hand information--or even worse, speculation.  I'm very
skeptical of people who "warn" me about a potential threat that really
has no potential to be a threat to me.  And those that *are* in a
personal relationship with him have no business even remotely equating
that with the relationship of a fan--which as I stated is  probably
about 99% of this reading group.

> but his
> wonderful gift for music and words is no reason to justify his behavior,

See, this is just what I'm talking about.  I have no intent to justify
his behaviour because of his music.  I see it as two different things.
I believe that you, Joseph are suffering from the malady you accuse me
of.  You want to put a man up on a pedestal because of his music but are
finding that it doesn't work.  It will never work.  There will always be
disappointment in the end.  I realize that.  Do you?  Does Charlotte?

Wow. I am really late for school.

Thanks.

Follow-Ups: References: