FW: This Header is dumb (was Re: This is dumb)

> I think I agree a lot with what you have to say in response. I think I would
> have responded the same way, had I been someone posting day in, day out,
> with my own particular vision of Over the Rhine held firmly to my heart.

 Cool.  Glad you were open-minded enough to take what was said and think it
 might have something to it.  You didn't have to wind up agreeing, that you
 were willing to take the effort is cool enough in my book.

> I have posted once or twice before. No one ever really took any notice, and

 As I said, I think the rl familiarity of some of the people on this list
 leaves them deleting posts from those they don't know.  Quite the same as
 any of us would do, when bogged down with messages.  I guess that winds up
 being mildly clique-y.

> After all, I didn't oust myself. I proposed that it's OK  to be frustrated
> by Linford's letter. I too would have liked to see something positive posted
> from this person, but I didn't write that letter. The frustration was all
> too clear, however, and was shot down by the logicians on the list.

 Nah, but you defended that letter.  ;-)

> Brian, you say Linford asked us honestly, and that we should respond thusly.

 No, I said (and phrased quite intentionally):
  "I think Lynford asked for our oppinions, quite honestly and openly.  I
  do not think that any human being should have his honesty and openness
  assulted.  By anybody, under just about any circumstances."

> Did he also require grace and a smile?

 Grace, yes.  A smile, no.  I just don't think it's good form to do anything
 else.

> I really don't want to come off as
> the girl who defended that 'nrbokovekrykov person', but I think he/she
> responded honestly. I am also not here to defend the maliciousness. I leave
> that to the person who posted it.

 The initial response was at least honest.  I do not fault it for that

 And that's all I have to say about THAT part of this thread.  I mostly
 wanted to clear up the misquote.  :-)

 Brian

 PS- Just in case there's any uncertainity.  Let me state that I have othing
 against either you, Krysten, nor Nokorobov.  I just had something against
 what you said.  There's a difference (at least to me).

 --
 "Everybody's playing the game,
 but nobodies rules are the same.

 -Tim Rice, "Chess"