no otr... to: the body parts.

feels a bit odd to send something otr-UNrelated amidst this flurry of
relevant posts.

anyway, I was going to say this the other day but thought "why?" so I
didn't.  but now I'm just in the mood to write.  (and since my last post
didn't even make it to the digest, perhaps this one won't either if I
regret it later.  ha.)

anyway - nothing much - but that little identation between the lip and
the nose is called the philtrum.  just a bit o' trivia for ya.
back in the day, the greeks (I think) saw the mouth as cupid's bow.  (or
was their dr. love named eros?)

well anyway, cupid's bow is a philter - something that is used to lead
one into falling in love.  (you know, like love potions and all that
jazz.  and maybe corsets and full, red lips of course.)  the indentation
was seen as cupid's hand/arm/whatever pulling the bow.

something like that.

other
body-part-names-you-never-asked-the-name-of-because-you-never-really-cared:

glabella - the space between the eyebrows where hair doesn't grow.  (at
least where it isn't SUPPOSED to grow.)

uvula (maybe you know this one) - that punching bag hanging in the back
of your throat.

epicanthus - the upper eyelid that covers a corner generally the inner
corner of the eye.  (I think)  um...  look at an asian person's eye for
an example I guess.  (CLEARLY not an authority on the human anatomy.)

and thus ends my pointless knowledge of anatomical names.  (and half of
THAT may be wrong.)  there's one more, but I can't remember the name of
it (probably because I don't like to think of that area).

egad.  I'm done.  (am I really going to send this??)