Re: okay...

i keep forgetting that this is not as loving a list as it appears. not
on the whole, anyway.

yes, the discussion on the list got a bit heated, as they will from
time to time (my sarcastic humour not withstanding) but what surprises
me is when listies/lurkers (whoever they are) feel they must take it
upon themselves to literally bash the hell out of someone they don't
agree with to the point of physical threats or self-righteous
attitudes. (and yes, i am a Christian. so *pray* for me.) this kind of
behaviour is simply moronic.

i am sorry, nkorobov, that you have recieved private threats because
of your opinion. i do not condone such actions in the least. it is one
thing to discuss things on the list (even with touches of sarcasm, so
be it fairly lighthearted, although i am not perfect in such a vain)
but another when folks have to be completely malicious about it.

everyone is intitled to his/her opinion. period. you don't have to
agree with it. but if you expect your opinions to be respected, then
you must respect the opinions of others. even if you disagree with
them. come on, everyone, do let's be civil if we can. or at least keep
your malicious intents to yourself.

to all of you *Christians* who have posted this woman privately in an
uncivil manner, incurring threats and insults (and you know who you
are) you should be ashamed of yourselves. to anyone else who has done
the same, you should be just as ashamed.  these are the kind of "fans"
Over the Rhine does not need. i thought we were all better than that.

forgive me, nkorobov, for even though i do not agree wholeheartedly
with your opinion, i still respect it. however, the actions of some
are inexcusable.

bink