thank god the sun came out...

sometimes i feel just bleah.

after i made a veritable fool of myself earlier today i
left my apartment in a rush to meet my fiancee for
lunch.
the wind was, well, windy- my hat blew off my head and
landed in the middle of a busy street and i had to run
and get it...
and thoughts raced around in my head about emails and
lists and such and, still enveloped by the frustration
of the recent turn of the "linford's letter"
conversation, i was contemplating send a little email
to majordomo at actwin_com containing the fated words:
unsubscribe hellomynameisj at yahoo_com...

but it was sunny and the seretonin levels rose in my
body and i felt a little better.

i went back to my apartment after lunch, and when i
went out again, i left my hat at home...

it's 65 degrees here in chicago, and the only thing i
think i have to say goes something like this:

this list is "about" over the rhine, in the sense that
we came here because of that band, and we discuss them
from time to time. but for me, and i gues, for many of
you, this list is now *more* than a discussion list.
one of the newbie/lurjers quoted c.s. lewis (and i
delete all my emails after i read them, so i don't have
her name. sorry...) on the rarity of finding people
like oneself, and we seem to have done that through
this list, through over the rhine.
or, we're none of us alike but all very excitingly
different. whatever the case, we have something rather
nice here, and compared to, say, the (many) U2 list(s),
 we're not so "fanatic" as they... dear God, I hope
people don't sit around all day long and analyze OtR
lyrics ad infinitum. OtR songs ought to be lived,
breathed, drunk deeply, imbibed...

wow. i sure can ramble on...

at any rate, i decided *not* to unsubscribe, so you're
all stuck with me for a while.

people are real easy to like, but i find that they're
much easier to hurt...

ok. back out into the sun for me.

and the rest of you- it's sunny. turn the computer off.
go play.
happy st. patrick's

john.

np- singing birds and sunshine and fresh air other
hippy stuff.