to linford

Hello,

My name is Kelly and I haven't posted to this list in about a
year...even then I only posted a couple of times....but I have been a
big fan of over the rhine for years now.

First I would like to say if you are watching, thank you for touching
and expanding my soul with your lovely art, including your letters as
well as your music. It takes much courage and patience to share so much
of yourselves with a public whom you hardly know...and what a gift to
feel so connected even though.

I have been boasting and bragging and sharing you with everyone I know
and meet since I found you and I continue to find new and exciting
things in your music everytime I listen.

But on to the heart of the matter....when I first read your letter my
initial thoughts were:
you have done a wonderful job as an independant artist, and as an
average person with feet of clay I too am resistant to change and the
unknown....in fact this would be my largetst obstacle as I stand here at
my own crossroads on this lovely journey.
I think it is wonderful to have developed a "safe zone" if you will...a
place that you can always come back to and call home if desired. But to
know that safe place, I hope brings a source of courage, to go out from
there and test your boundaries, push them further, and see what you and
God can really accomplish together. I think that it may be time to stray
from the nest (although you did once with IRS and enjoyed a very
successful 'EVE') and see what happens. As I read the letter all I could
think was that you should go for it, test the waters and see what
happens, there is no other way to find out. And as a loyal and greatful
fan, having no other ideas on how to return all that you have given me,
will be right behind you cheering you on, and supporting you as best I
can every step of the way.

However after having read some of the posts, I would tend to agree with
those who have said that if you are truly unsure that you would not be
compromising yourselves...that expanding your own production company
could be just as effective and just as rewarding to all involved. That
thought hadn't crossed my mind until I had read it.

and so I leave you with a less than definitive opinion, but then the
decision isn't mine (which is a good thing for I would probably be even
less decisive, heehee). And an ever deepening love and respect as you
continue to share yourselves with us. Thank you

Kelly