Re: To all, from Linford

All right, I'm another new 'gal,  My name is Alyssa and I live in the
beautiful city of Kent, Ohio.  I've been listening to this raging debate
since Linford's letter made it's way to me over the announcement
list.  I've been thinking.... I find it very comforting to know that OtR is
thinking....  I guess all people reach a point in their lives where they
have to choose what they really want to do with their lives.  I gather,
from listening to their records, and seeing them perform, that OtR
have found what they want to do with their lives.  They make
beautiful music, music that comes from deep inside, and music that
touches the lives of those who listen to it.
I know it would be purely selfish to say that OtR shouldn't be able to
sign a major label deal, be famous, etc.  Sure, I'd love to continue to
stare enthralled at the band as they perform at some little
coffeehouse where I can sit at a table shoved precariously close to
the action....  But I've got to say that the band should make whatever
decisions will make them most happy.  Linford, if you are willing to
put up with all the crap, you may have the chance to make the world
your audience.  Only if you want to.   I'll be around, listening to great
music, where ever it may be heard.