Re: To all, from Linford

Here's my opinion (for now, at least):
Hell, there are alot of bands out there who are signed to major labels that
don't get a lot of radio play.  There are many, many "independent" artists who
have an incredible following.  So, what's a musician to do?  That, my friends
is the question. . . every young, aspiring musician must face it.  Do I want
to be a part (in whatever way) of a corporate society that will take care of
me and eventually tell me what to do or do I want to answer only to myself?
These are the facts, kids.  Over the Rhine is an incredible band in so many
ways - people will hear them.  What is all this "the world needs OtR"
bullshit?  I'm not being selfish, now, trust me.  :-) The way to get more
people to hear OtR is to promote them ourselves.  We tell our friends, they
tell theirs, etc.  Over the Rhine has this "holy" feeling about them (no
spiritual implications, thank you) and I, personally, do NOT want to hear
stupid girls in the mall singing along to the music we all hold so dear.
So, in conclusion, I say, "DAMN THE MAN, LINFORD!!!!!!"
thanks,
stef