Fw: monk tours the world and elsewhere

FYI...i would like to take the liberty to market my second favorite band(since we are not limited to discussing OTR content [and since Ric used to be a member of OTR...remember?])
-----Original Message-----
From: Merseybeet at aol_com <Merseybeet at aol_com>
Date: Friday, March 12, 1999 10:21 PM
Subject: monk tours the world and elsewhere

greetings all,
   as promised, monk are going on the road in march, april and may. here are
the details:
WEDNESDAY MARCH 17-PHILADELPHIA, PA: grape st. pub- 105 grape street
11pm show--215.483.7084 for details
THURSDAY MARCH 18-NYC, NY- the knitting factory-alter-knit theatre
74 leonard st. 9pm show. 212.219.3006
FRIDAY MARCH 19-CHAPEL HILL, NC- skylight exchange-405 1/2 w.rosemary
midnight show- 919.933.5550 for details
---("april is the cruelest month")---
THURSDAY APRIL 22- CLEVELAND, OH- john carrol university details TBA
FRIDAY APRIL 23-!!!!  CINCINNATI, OHIO  !!!! SUDSY MALONE'S CONCERT sponsered
by
WOXY 97x radio.  opener TBA,  more details below.
SATURDAY APRIL 24 earth day concert TBA
SUNDAY APRIL 25-GRAND RAPIDS, MI- four friends coffeehouse

-- we are hoping to do some touring with the vigilantes of love in may as they
tour in support of their new record (which by all accounts is fantastic...)
we'll keep you posted.---

we've had so much good news that we don't have room to tell all, but here
are some highlights:
-  Echoes (the syndicated radio show) has picked "hush" as one of it's 25
essential cds and aired a live Monk concert in january and february.
-  we signed a licensing deal with a really marvelous company called FLAT
EARTH, who will be distributing and marketing "quiver", "hush" and "blink"
(our up coming live number...) so these records should be available in your
local Borders and Tower record stores.
-  WOXY radio in Oxford has been playing "one eye open" and thanks to all of
you, it is the 4th most requested song on the station.  if they keep getting
requests, they will likely add "that's my love" to the playlist.  so please do
keep calling them (513 863 5665) and request monk songs.  you can also request
songs via email at studio at woxy97x_com (for you out of towners...)
-  it looks like the new studio monk record will be started in late april or
may and should be released around thanksgiving.  any requests?

if you are interested in tickets to the sudsy malone's show in april ( it's
not as much of a dive as you've heard ) you can email MONKTIX at aol_com. tickets
are $8 and when you send in your check you'll get (via email) a confirmation
number that will get you in the door.
sorry for such a long note. and as always, if you'd rather not be on this
list, just let us know.

peace

monk