Re: ***lostie gathering***

okay, i just got home from visiting in PA, so now i'll type up my
three cents worth....

that nice man we've all come to know as jg wrote:

> o.k.,   hands up if you had a good time!
> {shoots own hand skyward}

shoots both hands skyward!

man, i haven't had that much fun at a show in a LONG time! the show
KICKED ASS!!!!! Anne inspired me with her vocal passion and the energy
she put into her performance! i'm ready to rock and roll again! jg was
right, Anne *does* have legs all the way up to her ass. (Lynzi
commented, "Doesn't *everybody* have legs up to their ass?")

Anne is also very very nice. she works her audience well. wonderful
woman to chat with. two notable covers the band did: "Blister in the
Sun" by Violent Femmes and "I'll Stop the World" by Modern English.
Jeff and i kept mimmicking the drum hits on the chorus of that one...

another intersting side note: chick drummer. cool. very cool.

jg continues:

> god, you people are good looking!

> i think the nicest bunch of people you'd ever wanna meet are Over
the Rhine
> fans.

i'll concur with that. and Chris, you were absolutly right! he walked
in and i said to myself, "I bet that's jg...."

BINGO!

jg, you RAWK!

the curious george keychain KICKS ASS!

(thanks!)

> Amy/Raven, Bink, Heather, Jeff, Lynzi:  thank you for coming in.*

hey Raven, one word for you: Rickenbacker.

:{P}

> quote from dearly beloved:  "Bink is ~adorable~!"   (yes, he is.
i'd put
> him on my "short list"!)

aw, *shucks*  :{P}

Dearly Beloved... well, i can see why you call her what you do, jg.
you guys make a neat couple, i might add. like peanut butter and
jelly. you two compliment each other well.

> conversation with dearly beloved after the anne e. gig:   me:  "look
what i
> got!"  {shows her the Rick Callender disc}             she:  "cool!
did you
> get it autographed?"            me:  {jaw drops}  "shit!"
she:
> {evil, condescending}  "ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha
> ha ha ha ha ha ha ha"

HA! it never even occured to me! tell you what, i'll send you an
envelope with ink in it and you can put it all over the cover, okay?

> on anne e.:    she represented herself well, i think.

quite.

she even pulled a fuzzy off my barret for me.

*sigh*

yes everybody, i wore the kilt.

even Anne liked it.

> on bink's cd:   yes, it IS good!   i even stayed in my car for an
extra 10
> minutes in the snowstorm before work, just so i wouldn't have to
turn it
> off.

that, and the door was frozen shut. :{P}

you're too kind, jg.

i gave a copy of my CD to Bonnie, the owner of Brady's. if i ever get
a gig lined up there, you *know* there will have to be another listie
gathering!

> hope you had as good a time as i did.  thank you again!

yes, sir!!!! i was sorry some of you missed out on it. Jeff, you RAWK
d00d! sorry we had to miss the mudslides, though. next time!

hic.

the Attractive Listie theory holds true. i would even agree to it
including listie spouses.

and chick drummers.

bink