Re: @ Various 2/99

---Bruce Lachey <b_lachey at hotmail_com> wrote:

> Mr. Davis (hellomynameisj at yahoo_com), is your name really Slim Shady?

i don't know if had the email address before the song, but i had it
before i'd heard the song...
nope i'm *not* slim shady.

> was trying to figure out if you had that e-mail address before the
song
> was out or not.  To wit: "rap city" and "the box" and references to
> m&m's.

m&m's..... yum.

 Hmm.  Dinner time or not, I agree with your fiancee -- you have
> to go.  hahaha.

tee hee.
  Seriously though, no Duran cracks in the future,
> comprende?

ok, well what 80's bands *can* i crack on?

  It's like critisizing advanced calculus: ya may not
> understand it, but it's good for you.  Humans tend to fear what we
don't
> understand.  Start with "Liberty".  Move to the '81 eponymous one.
Type
> a three page doublespaced report.  Take two capsules and call me (the
> morning after).  Jeez, that paragraph certainly alienated me.

me too.

just so you know, i *like* duran duran. i don't think they're these
great musicians or anything, but they're *fun.* i think it would be
really unfair to pick on a band i didn't like, ya know...

> Marq, thanks for pointing it out.  You get an honorary "Duran
Defender"
> lapel pin when we meet.  Strangely enough, I (and probably Yz) have
> heard D2 slaughter HLtWolf way worse than Puffy could ever hope to.

i don't know- puffy could really ruin it.... he could get jay-z to
"sing" the chorus over and over...

john.

np- john coltrane- "giant steps."