lilac time, etc (0% otr content)

BRUCE SAID:
Sr. Smith, err., I mean Sr. Taxi, I think I speak for dozens of OtR
listees when I say we want to read "Snack Habits at the Kentucky
Theatre."

I RESPOND:
I probably still have it somewhere, seeing as I don't throw anything
away.  I wrote it in a totally serious, scientific style.  So, while it
may be funny that I got an "A" on it, I don't think it'd be too
enjoyable to read.  I'll try to find it for you anyway.

LILAC TIME:

   I really dig Stephen Duffy in all his incarnations. I received 3
tapes of Lilac Time albums from  someone on another list, and purchased
the Paradise Circus CD, which I think is the best of the lot.  I just
found used copies of two Duffy solo albums.  The s/t one is excellent.
The other (They Call Him Tin-tin) I haven't listened to yet.  Why,
you're wondering?  I bought 20 cds at once.  I'm  working my way through
the stack.
  For anyone interested, Duffy/Lilac Time music is wonderful British
guitar-based pop, if you're into that sort of thing.  He reminds me of
Grant McLennan, who some may know as formerly of the Go Betweens.  I've
had trouble find cds of any of these in the past.  The Lilac Time albums
were supposed to be rereleased with extra tracks, but I haven't seen
them anywhere.  Duffy released a new album last year, called "I Love My
Friends".  I don't think it was released in the U.S., though.  I only
saw it once in a store, imported, for $29.  I passed.

Damian
thegeniusiwas at hotmail_com

"If you love something you should never set it free. It might not come
back, and then you'd feel pretty stupid. Instead, you should give it a
back rub."
- Dave Van