My First Time... and our relationship since

I was working in a radio station in Amherst, MA as an intern.  It was a
small radio station, just outside of a smaller town.  Our format was AAA,
but that probably matters little to most of you.  One day, I was set at the
task of emptying the new cds from the Program Director's table.  There,
liing with only it's naked back exposed was a new IRS album.  Now, I
understand the problems with IRS, but let's face it they manage to find some
damn tallented musicians and give them national distribution.  They are/were
my favorite label of all time.

Excited to see a new album from my favorite label I pulled it out to have a
look-see.  There was this portrait of a man staring back at me.  A beautiful
picture, and the words, Over The Rhine.  The paper was high quality stock, a
far cry for your typical glossy crap that comes with most cds, so I ran down
and through it into the cd player.  I think that we all know what I heard.

Ever since then, I have loved this band.  I wrote them early on, and I
remember that I received a personalized reply.  It was a post card written
to me from Washington, DC (my home town).  The syncronisity between me and
OtR has never ended.

When I went to The Savannah College of Art and Design, I booked them for a
show.  I had never seen them play live, and I was diing to know what I was
missing.  I had the privellege of meeting the band members that day, and the
"honor" of running out to by batteries for their equipment not once, but a
total of three time.  Which earned me the bestoal of the dubious title,
"Battery Boy" by Karin.

I have fallen out of touch with OtR, and on the same day that my ex-gf
tracked me down and emailed me hoping to break our silence, OtR has come
back into my life because a signature quoting Grey Monolouge on the bottom
of one of my emails was recognized by a fellow fan, who thankfully pointed
me to the subscribe page.

To my dear fellow fans and friends, I say... hello as I pull up a chair
round the table and try to join in the conversation.

Brian

--
    "Entropy comes from physics.  It is the assertion--established logically
and experimentally--that the universe, by it's nature, is "running down",

-Malcalypse the Younger, "The Principia Discordia"