Re: listies and the 'remove' people

---Paul Christian Glenn <cirhsein at firinn_org> wrote:
> This is just a casual observation, but I'm on a *lot* of lists, and
I've never
> seen so many people (and so frequently) requesting information about
how to get
> off a list.  Now, one of two things inevitably follows:
>
> 1) Over the Rhine fans are uncommonly stupid, or
> 2) Instructions about how to un-sub from the list are not clear
enough, or perhaps
> not easily found

I don't think the instructions on how to get off the list are too
hard. I think the instructions on how to get on it are too easy. All
you do is push a button on a web page and, bammo, you've got mail! I'm
like you, I'm on other lists and none of them have this many remove
requests. Of course, none of them have a web page for easy and
convenient subscription access. I don't really think it's too easy to
get on this list. I just think the ease of access makes it attractive
to stupid people who otherwise wouldn't be on a list because they are
far too dense to figure out how to send one message to a majordomo to
subscribe, and another message to a list to contribute.

Once again, for all you lunkheads, who think this message is far too
dumb to actually read, to unsubscribe from this list, send a post to
majordomo at actwin_com that contains in it's body "unsubscribe
over-the-rhine".

It's that easy.

BSC