Re: Introduction

Mr. Emery wrote:

> Dancing on a volcano, Dusty Volume <marquis at icx_net> said:
>
> >> I've yet to see a movie that surpassed the book.   Ever.
> >
> >How about King's Pet Sematery?  The book stimulated me, the movie set me
> >one the edge of my seat.
> >
> >this is the only example I have of "movie better than book."  This just
> >happens to be at the time I was falling out of love with King, so maybe
> >it was just me.  anyone?

Eh. I didn't really care for the movie. At all. The book, however... I first read that book when I
was 13 or 14 and it completely scared the bejeebers out of me...

> I dunno.   I've never been able to finish a Stephen King book.   Too
> boring.  What is it with most American writers who write like they're
> getting paid by the word?

:)>  I agree with this one about King. His new book (_Bag of Bones_) is actually quite good. I'm
about halfway through it. I wouldn't exactly classify him as a "writer" per se, though. Cuz I don't
think he's a very good one. But he is a pretty good storyteller. His characters are all pretty much
the same people, though. Just variations on his own personality, is what I kinda feel...

np: Spiritualized - _Royal Albert Hall October 10 1997 Live_

Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins