Re: OtR listie...

> >  Fav Movies
>
> Probably... _Groundhog Day_

This is a truly great movie filled with greatness.  I can't stand Andie
MacDowell in much else, but she couldn't break this movie's spirit.  I
consider Chris Elliott just the bonus to a movie that would already have
been claaaasic.  Bill Murray-- "Mad Dog & Glory," "Groundhog's Day,"... I
can't *wait* to see "Rushmore."

> > Fav OtR song:
>
> ...Or "I've Been Slipping"...

Oh, this is such a good song.  It's the payoff to that little reed part at
the beginning of "Jacksie" to me.

> Massive Attack

That August 1995 "Top 100 Albums of All Time" MOJO issue prompted me to buy
"Blue Lines," and I'm not ashamed to admit that it's still one of my
favorite discs ever.  It just opened up a whole new world to me.

> Delirious?

Some friends in Columbus worship at church with their songs.  "Deeper" is
pretty catchy...

I'm hooked... what does "The Violet Burning" sound like?

> np: _De La Soul is Dead_

A true 80's story... the sample of "Peg" made me buy "Aja".  How many
geniuses of the 60's and 70's were misrepresented in the 80's?  I love that
De La Soul album, don't get me wrong, but I'm forever embarrassed that I
though "I Just Called To Say I Love You" was what Stevie Wonder was, before
I even knew about "Innervisions" or even "Signed, Sealed, Delivered."
Ditto Elton John, Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Aretha Franklin
and Steely Dan.  And Smokey Robinson.  Poor Smokey... the 80's don't even
hint at the brilliance of songs like "Who's Loving You," "Tracks of my
Tears," etc...

By the way, this is my attempt at a "Faves" post.  Maybe I'll work up the
nerve to write down the rest in one concise letter eventually.  I'll
probably just let this line run its course.

Thanks, Layne, for the great material.

jnf

Follow-Ups: References: