Re: songwriters and geography trivia

Kendrickjd at aol_com wrote:

> [....] i mean, there are plenty of
> other sins (adultery, for example) mentioned in the bible that FOTF does not
> condone, but does not feel the need to picket or things like that.

Dobson doesn't picket the homosexuals either. others might. Dobson just as
strongly opposes adultery and murder and things as he does homosexuals. so if it's
a matter of him not opposing everything I think you can't judge him for that. Now
if people don't respond in the same way that is wrong and sad. so many times
people have destroyed people in the name of God. and it wasn't God.

the issue is not whether or not it's wrong. people deep down inside have to know
for themselves (being honest) what they believe. and unless it says in the Bible
or whatever religious book you read/follow [if you are a member of another
religion just so this isn't a 'christian' thing] it's wrong then you pretty much
have to decipher for yourself what God says and means. although most of the time I
must say it's pretty obvious.

but regardless. I think the important thing is people responding in a loving way.
genocide and stuff that happened through the years 'in the name of God' has always
been wrong. People need to get past their prejudices and respond to people the way
that God does.

according to the messages i have gotten publically and privately, a lot of

> people care what we think about this issue.

You are right. Plenty of people seem to care about this topic. and I (as one who
says, keep it off the list) say if everyone is civil and enjoying the conversation
then there is no reason not to let everyone be involved. :-) I am glad that it
hasn't turned into a war! Thanks all who have been so great. I have really enjoyed
reading people opinions and they have made it a lot easier not passing through
heated rage. ;-)

Amy